A Two day workshop batch to get people to start working with Linux.
Dates: 26th(sat) and 27Feb(sun) 2011
Duration: 12Hrs (6hrs every day)
Timing: 10:30 AM to 05:30 PM (3hrs Session, 1 hour, 3hrs Session)
Max Participants: 15
Fees: Rs.1200/- (Registration by advance payment of fee)
Venue: SICSR, Atur Centre, Model Colony. 7th floor, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
Course Material: 1 Linux Distribution DVD, 1 Documentation CD
The workshop will cover the following:
- Introduction and Installation
- Linux/Unix Architecture File System, Directory structure, Runlevel, Service and Daemons etc
- Basic commands and working with BASH under Linux
- User and Groups, File Permissions, setting and modification
- I/O Redirection and Piping
- Archiving compression and other miscellaneous commands
- Basic System Administration
- Managing Users and Groups
- Installing and removing packages.
- Managing Partations, understanding the /etc/fstab
- Understanding the Boot Loader config
For registration and more details contact Gaurav Pant (Dexter) – 9890 389 286