[PLUG] LAMP configuration

Ananth A writetoananth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 14:08:45 IST 2006

On 4/16/06, Nikhil <nikhilkaleus at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>  Can any baddy tell me how to configure LAMP on any
> disribution of linux. I am not GNOME OR KDE guy. I
> like to do every thing from text-mode.
> So please help me for this.

google for the source packages of your application.
download and untar the source files... read the readme / INSTALL files
on howto install.
do ./configure with the needed options followed by a make {install}

read the individual package notes for customization.  since you had
asked the procedure that will work on any linux system, this is the
most generic way.

for distro specific info, read the faq on their website.

let us know if you have any problems during the process.  have fun... :)

Regards,
Ananth