[PLUG] [COMMERCIAL] Linux System Administrator Position in Pune

Tarun Dua tarundua at tarundua.net
Fri Apr 21 20:08:53 IST 2006

Linux System Administrator

Job Description:

* Provide support for Application Development Environment for rapid deployment
and transitioning to stage and production environments.
* Installation, Automation and support for an environment with LDAP, Poptop(a
VPN server), iptables, Apache2, Tomcat, Jboss, J2SDK, SVN, Trac, Ant, Maven,
Postfix, DNS, Nagios and PostgreSQL.
* Manage local connectivity with ISPs with linux router and maintain high
availability of Internet
* Work in storage technology(SAN, NAS, RAID), High Availability, Load
Balancing and high bandwidth operations.
* Scripting routine tasks with discoverability and documentation of processes
* Frequent interaction with software engineers with a view to help in
development of software as a service.
* Data Center management and IT architecture designing with a view to support
Service Levels
* Ability to manage and troubleshoot large (read 100s of servers) Linux
operation remotely.
* Learn something new everyday

Experience Requirements:
* Deep understanding of the Unix tradition and Networking fundamentals
* 2-10 years of current Linux Systems Administration experience including
24/7/365 environments and remote management.
* Open systems environment configurations including Apache, Tomcat, Perl
(including mod Perl), PHP and/or java required.
* Perl/Python and/or Shell scripting knowledge is a definite plus.
* Experience with bug-tracking(bugzilla) and source code control systems
(CVS), Build Systems(make, Ant) is a plus
* Participation in Open Source community mailing lists and IRC to solve
other's problems and getting help only when needed is nice to have.

Compensation:
* Best in the industry
* Additionally generous stock options are offered

Location:
Pune

We are aware that we might not find someone who fits the above job description
straight out, but we are looking for someone with enough theoretical
grounding who is willing to learn on the job.

-Tarun
PS: Please mail me back at lists at tarundua dot net with your latest resume
in HTML/Plaintext/RTF formats