[PLUG] [OT] Dataone SmartAX MT 841 Configuration

Raghavendra Bhat ragu at vsnl.com
Fri Apr 28 09:41:02 IST 2006

Vikas Garud

>> the ethernet connectivity is also messed up and not working
>> anymore

Connect the modem to the RJ-45 jack of your NIC. Make sure that
the LED on the NIC and the LAN 1 light are ON. Does the Link
LED come ON as Green initially? Please note that after
authentication, the Green LED changes color to Amber.

>> Could somebody send the information about settings I need
>> to check (and the values for these settings)

Login via your browser Konqueror or Mozilla to http://192.168.1.1/
with username and password as "admin". Upon logging in, you will
be put to an embedded html page from within the modem. Select
Basic -> Connections -> WAN configurations from the Left frame.
Click on the Note Icon and Delete the "Bridge properties".
Re-configure again by selecting New. Under WAN type choose "PPOE",
for VPI/VCI fill-in "0/35", Encapsulation is "LLC", Default Route
is "Enabled", fill-in the UserName as "vikas at dataone" and Password
as "supplied by the BSNL admin", Use DNS is "Enabled".  Click on
Apply and if a Green tick mark appears under the Default Route
column, all is well.

Check for a line "nameserver 192.168.1.1" in /etc/resolv.conf. The
'dhcp-client' package is to be installed and the IP address is
allocated via DHCP from the modem DHCP server pool.

Hth.
--
Ragu