[PLUG] Distro selection

Raseel Bhagat raseelbhagat at rediffmail.com
Fri Aug 4 12:51:20 IST 2006

  Hi Aditya,

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 Aditya Godbole wrote :
>Hi all,
>I'm a bit out of touch with the latest and greatest distributions out
>there. I would like suggestions for a distribution that meets the
>following criteria -
>1. For desktop use, for folks who cant use the CLI.
>2. Machine - Intel hyperthreading, 512 MB RAM, about 10G of disk space
>available for the system, no other fancy hardware. Net access via
>PPPoE.
>3. GUI based tools for system configuration.
>4. Importing existing users during installation would be a great.
>5. Option to skip bootloader installation.
>6. No broadband access, so all software thats required should be there on discs.

You HAVE TO check out PCLinuxOS p92

It takes care of all Requirement 1,2,3,5,6...... and then some :-)

You can get it at  :
http://osd.byethost8.com/

Btw, what does Condition #4 mean ?
Do you want to impoer existing users on a Multiboot machine to the newly installed Distro ?

Raseel.
The OpenSourceDeal : http://osd.byethost8.com/
http://raseel.livejournal.com