[PLUG] How to map Virtual host in Apache Server?

श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Sat Aug 12 11:27:58 IST 2006

On Saturday 12 August 2006 10:44, Anand Kulkarni wrote:

> "openSchoolAdmin" gives you nice documentation for the
> deployment. You can download it from
> http://richtech.ca/openadmin/docs/admindoc-2.00.pdf
> They have given the virtual host mapping in this
> document, but we have not been able to do it.

What does the error log says?

I am no apache expert but AFAIK, there are at least three steps for virtual
host

- make sure that the virtual host does have a valid dns record
- make sure that apache knows that it has to answer the requests for that dns
address
- make sure that you have valid enough root for the virtual host.

HTH

 Shridhar