[PLUG] i need encryption library

Arindam arindam.mukerjee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 15:42:52 IST 2006

> > >  I need an encryption library in C/C++ on linux.
> >
> > openSSL
> >
> > > Better if it is  Qt or KDE specific.
> > >

> > Why? And how does that help? openSSL is not Qt or KDE specific. But
> > you can create your own reusable C++ wrapper classes around the
> > openSSL API.
>

> I want to  use it in a Qt/KDE application.
> It is better use any existing  class than writing your own (since I don't
> know much about encryption ),

I am not aware of any standard C++ wrappers for openSSL. In any case,
openSSl is an extensive library so even if you start out to write your
own wrappers, you will have to provide only a subset of the
functionality relevant to your work in the form of the class library.

You can get hold of the O'Reilly book "Secure Programming Cookbook for
C and C++" by John Viega, etc. That's a very good introduction to PKI
and stuff and uses SSL for all of its examples. Good book to read.

Cheers,
Arindam