[PLUG] Customizing GNOME Desktop in RH8

Siva jrsiva at cradle.com
Wed Aug 23 20:37:57 IST 2006

After installing Linux [I'm using RH8 + GNOME with its default Win and
File Managers], I put many short-cuts/links, create many toolbars etc
etc. I want to preserve these GUI settings :
1> For any other users that I create on this system
2> For any other system which is freshly installed to have these settings.

So what are the files that I need to copy and paste to the new system. I
tried to copy all GNOME related files in my home dir and pasting to the
home dir of a new user but all crashed. First of all what I don't
understand is that - is it GNOME or Sawfish or Nautilus that I've to
learn more to do it? Anybody has done some R&D in these?

Regards
Siva