[PLUG] Using TC editor In Linux

Arindam arindam.mukerjee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 14:50:51 IST 2006

> >  Hii Guys ,,
> >

> >     This IS Aniket I am doing my MCM from imcc college
> > ,
> >
> >  I have installed RH8 but Still i have to use my
> > windows
> >
> > Dos based platfrom for 'C' Programing can sombody help
> > me
> >
> > on this Issue  .

Use the gcc compiler bundle. Take a loot at GNU DDD - it is a
minimalist "IDE" if you can call it one. But very, very good.

Try not to use TC even on Windows. TC is one of the least standards
compliant compilers available. And some of the example code that comes
with TC is pathetic. Finally, why use TC at all ... it is a fossil
now.

On Windows, try Borland bcc or MS Visual Studio (6, 7, any that you
get). From 7 onwards, MS Visual Studio compiler is excellent (although
the ID is too slow). That's because it is one of best standards
compliant C++ compilers (Herb Sutter being the .NET architect in MS).
Best though ... is Bloodshed Dev which comes with the cygwin port of
GCC.

Cheers,
Arindam