[PLUG] VLSICOEP Course

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 20:29:36 IST 2006

Hi,

--- "Abhijit, Dhopate" <Abhijit.Dhopate at Honeywell.com>
wrote:
> * Linux and Kernel Programming* :
> Module 1 : Programming Methodology & Standards
> Module 2 : Linux Programming
> Module 3 : Linux Kernel & Device Drivers

1. There is no information on who is teaching? How
current are they in the field?

2. Is it practical orientation or *so-called* theory?

3. What practical lab programs are offered as
exercises?

4. Does an individual get a dedicated hardware
debugger (RealView/Multi-ICE) with a system to work
on?

5. Are the labs available 24x7?

6. What SoCs/embedded boards do they teach with?

Personally, I wouldn't recommend it unless, the
institute has a good *hardware* lab and excellent
*teachers*. But, setting up a hardware lab is quite
expensive in India, and only the Industry can afford
it.

In short, I wouldn't recommend it. You can learn
development on your x86 PC, and yes, it can't be done
in 3 months.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan