[PLUG] open source projects

YAGNESH N DESAI ynd at hzw.ltindia.com
Tue Dec 19 09:26:25 IST 2006

Friends;

Yesterday I had chance of speeking to my cousin who happens
to be Prof in Computer Department in South Gujarat University
here. This topic came up while our discussion.

What I was surprised at was that it seemed to be a egg and chicken
story. He said that students are willing to work on project based on
most current commercial platforms (definately not open source)
only as they get good job opportunities after the same.
While my perseption is that as there is lack of supply of open source
proffessional enterprise is sticking to M$.

Asking a student to work on opensource software is not really encouraged
considering it would not look great on CV in job market.

Yagnesh