[PLUG] More frequent PLUG meetings

Arindam arindam.mukerjee at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 16:33:37 IST 2006

On 12/21/06, G Karunakar <indlinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/21/06, Somesh  Bartakke <somesh at qvitindia.com> wrote:
> > Grt !
> > Karunakar is staying physically far away from Pune ,
> > but answer shows , he is really Integrated Part of PLUG,  :)
> > cheers !!
>
> My first plug meet was sometime in august 1999 @ morelinux office in aundh..!!
> :-)

If there is no need to go beyond "de-facto" (by which I guess you mean
unofficial) meetings, then I guess for what it's worth, I'd rather
take back my suggestion of more frequent meetings.

And there definitely is no reason to undermine a meaningful
discussion, whether it happens as a PLUG monthly meeting or across a
table tucked away in Rupali. But, if the real intent is to spread the
use and understanding of technology rather than to form a cabal of
mutual back-patters ( and this is not an oblique reference to you Mr
Karunakar, so no disrespect meant to you ), then I guess it is a
better idea to document these meetings on the PLUG mailing list as
well, on a regular basis.