[PLUG] Upgrade ubuntu without losing applications.

Desi Penguin desipenguin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 10:55:45 IST 2006

On 7/14/06, A G <subscrive at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Pl tell me whether anyone has tried this, or is it
> > > true.
> >
> > I have upgraded my Ubuntu from Warty (4.10) -> Hoary
> > (5.04) -> Breezy (5.10) -> Dapper (6.06).
> > I never lost any application.
>
> I replied to one of the mails and then aftewards read
> this mail.
> Pl ignore my previous queries.

Seems like you need to download a "different" CD if you need to upgrade.
Default CD is LiveCD from which you can do 'clean install'
But all CDs are listed on ubuntu site, and it says which to download for
upgrade.
Please check Ubuntu forums. There is a lot of discussion going on regarding
upgrade capabilities in Dapper 6.06

-DP

--
On the internet, no one knows you are a penguin
Check my blog at http://desipenguin.blogspot.com/