[PLUG] How to set Proxy

Vaibhav Kulkarni netvaibhav at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 11:45:51 IST 2006

On 7/17/06, Prashant Saraf <prashant.saraf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Friends (Linux Guru)
> I am new here, i had a LAN setup on windows 2000, and I want to implement
> Linux proxy in it, which is best suitable Distribution and which proxy i
> should user.

Squid is THE proxy server. I had installed squid on a debian server in
my college. Now I have passed out, but I guess the server is still
running. It served about 200 users. Had authentication. Did caching.
Performance was awesome. You can set filter rules. It is VERY
flexible. Also I had used SquidGuard as a redirector to filter porn.

I would suggest you ubuntu-server as the distribution.

regards,

--
Vaibhav