[PLUG] Indian language support for Windows 2000 / XP (Urgent)

Desi Penguin desipenguin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 14:44:02 IST 2006

> But there an issue here. If we distribute our software
> in the CD. So, every person who is going to install
> our software must have windows CD with him. Its
> practically difficult to expect windows CD from every
> user.

How is this concerned with linux ? May be loosely related to open source
Anyhow, About your statement above, if you expect to sell this software,
then it is fair to expect that every legitimate user of Windows OS will have
Windows CD. For crying out loud, even when people have pirated version of
Windows, they have Windows CD copy.

so it is NOT unfair to expect people to have Windows CD. you can clearly and
boldly inform user/buyers that they need to have Windows CD for the software
to work.

Better yet, develop and promote your software on Linux, encourage people to
move to linux so that they can use your great software.
With Linux, you'll be able to distribute 'open source' fonts.

-DP

--
On the internet, no one knows you are a penguin
Check my blog at http://desipenguin.blogspot.com/