[PLUG] Dapper drake

Ranjit Bhonsle ranjya at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 08:02:56 IST 2006

On 7/17/06, neooen <n3oo3n at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/17/06, Anil Wadghule <anildigital at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I got the similar problem. When I try to install dapper from live cd. It
> > hangs in the country selection step. It is also too slow. I tried it
> with
> > 4-5 different cds. I asked about it in IRC, everyone suggested to use
> > Ubunu
> > alternative(6.06 dapper drake) cd for installation as it is having text
> > based installation steps. The configuration suggested by Ranjit is very
> > low
> > for Ubuntu live cd installation. Mine is P4 1.7 Ghz 256MB DDR RAM.

Hello again,
Low config or not I got ubuntu6.06 working as live and then I installed
it. Lovely distro. I had to use nv module for my nvidia card initially.
Now after gui I have nvidia prop drivers installed.
Don't give up on distro...it is very good.
After being a FC lover I am falling for Ubuntu Dapper.
Ranjit.