[PLUG] Freespire Release

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.yoper at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 11:25:00 IST 2006

Hi Everyone,

The Freespire Beta 1 (0.0.69) is now available for download!

Release Notes:
http://wiki.freespire.org/index.php/Release_Notes

Reporting bugs:
http://wiki.freespire.org/index.php/Freespire_Bugs

We are in the process of rolling a Bugzilla server out to the Freespire
community, but because we've decided to share Beta 1 a few weeks early, the
Bugzilla server will not be up at launch (but will be within a few weeks or
so after). So, in the meantime, we will be using the Forum and Wiki Pages to
report bugs. We'll be posting the appropriate places to report bugs when we
make the .iso available.

The Freespire Roadmap
http://wiki.freespire.org/index.php/Freespire_Roadmap

As per the Freespire Roadmap, Beta 1 and Freespire 1.0 will be built with a
more stable, but slightly older KDE and Kernel. We are doing this to just
get a "concept build" out to the community. This means, don't complain too
loudly about what version of KDE and the Kernel Beta 1 is on. We know. =)
Also, please be understanding with the level of hardware support we're able
to achieve with this slightly older Kernel. Let's put the lid on Freespire
1.0 in the next few weeks, so we can move on to Freespire 1.1, with the
latest Kernel, KDE, etc.

Where to download Freespire:
http://wiki.freespire.org/index.php/Download_Freespire

Thank You.

--
Regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep,

--
"Sometimes it's better not to ask - or to listen - when people tell you
something can't be done. I didnt ask for permission or approval. I just went