[PLUG] Image editor

Gaurav Pant gauravggs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 17:06:23 IST 2006

Hi

> Hello,
> I am looking for a good image editor. By good, I mean one which can
> open 600 dpi images and files upto the sizes of 20MB. Gimp, photoplus,
> CinePaint have not been of use. They crash the moment you open even a
> 6MB 600 dpi Jpeg (which by the way occupies more than 240MB in memory
> uncompressed). I have a 512MB 3.06Ghz machine - so I doubt hardware is
> a problem.

I have worked will most types of images and different dpi for images sizes ranging to 10 to 20 megabytes in GIMP.  I have not faced such a problem.  This could be tipically a problem with bad video ram or your regular RAM.  You will need to check your RAM with some utility like memtest86, search for it on the net or use a latest knoppix CD for using it.

~~~~~~~~~
>From
Dexter
http://www.HorizontalRings.com

"Life though is clear, people still want to see colours"