[PLUG] Fw: Forward of moderated message

G Karunakar indlinux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 17:18:50 IST 2006

On 7/20/06, Desi Penguin <desipenguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > so it is NOT unfair to expect people to have Windows CD. you can
> clearly
> > > and boldly inform user/buyers that they need to have Windows CD for
> the
> > > software to work.
> >
> > The original intent as posted was to distribute software as a part of of
> > NGO
> > work. In that light, may be you could go bit easy.
>

> I think I understand your concern little better now. So you are looking
> for
> freely-redistributable Indic fonts for Windows.
> Correct ?

No, the person wanted a solution which doesnt require the original windows
CD (from where the indic language support is installed).  Since he cant go
around distributing windows CDs &  many may not have them..
What I am interested to know is why not just use ubuntu/knoppix/debian etc
where everything works.

Karunakar