[PLUG] Fw: Forward of moderated message

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Thu Jul 20 18:48:54 IST 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 17:18, G Karunakar wrote:
> No, the person wanted a solution which doesnt require the original windows
> CD (from where the indic language support is installed).  Since he cant go
> around distributing windows CDs &  many may not have them..
> What I am interested to know is why not just use ubuntu/knoppix/debian etc
> where everything works.

AFAIK, with linux you need to install it and set it up before it can be used
and the OP has many times posted requests for volunteers of doing this
whereever possible.

However with windows, you can get away with distributing CDs because many
people know enough computers/windows to make it yourself.

AFAIK, it is a logistics issue, not the philosophical one. And since the OP's
intent is to reach as many people as possible, OS being second priority,
windows works.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
 Shridhar