[PLUG] AD authentication using LDAP over SSL not working

( अमेय पाळंदे ) Ameya Palande 2ameya at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 09:53:06 IST 2006

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:20:45 +0530
> From: "Ratnakar Sagare" <ratnakar.sagare at gmail.com>
> Subject: [PLUG] AD authentication using LDAP over SSL not working
> To: plug-mail at plug.org.in
>
> Hi Friends,
> I am trying to configure single sign on mechanism in my hybrid
> environment containing Windows & Linux hosts. I am using Windows
> Server 2003 R2 as my authentication server. It successfully
> authenticates linux nodes in normal configuration (without SSL).
> But when I try to do the same with SSL; it doesn't work. I have
> installed CA on the Win2k3 server and the certificate in the pem
> fromat is also copied to necessary location at the linux node. Still
> it is not working as desired.

Dear Ratnakar,

There was a 4 part article on "Single Sign-on and the Corporate
Directory" published
in Linux Journal. If you have already gone through it then please
ignore rest of mail.

Here are the links,

Part 1 - http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8374
Part 2 - http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8375
Part 3 - http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8376
Part 4  - http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8377

Of course, here they used Linux Server for Authentication with SSL support.
But they have used windiws and MacOS clients in hybrid environment.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ameya.

www.qualexsystems.com