[PLUG] This is seriously good

A G subscrive at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 29 15:54:22 IST 2006

> Just to give an example, I installed a sound card in
> my PC which has
> Win2000 and slackware linux 9.1/10.1 on it. When I
> installed the card
> and restarted my machine, windows detected the card
> and could take
> full advantage of it. On the other hand, when I
> booted my machine in
> linux, I found that there is a very limited support
> on linux for this
> card. Moreover, xine and audacity stopped

Wrong distro, I guess. Check a couple of other distro.
You will find one which will work for your hardware.

Well respects ones are knoppix, kanotix, ubuntu,
mandriva, pclinuxos.

Or you can try the free versions of well known
comercial distros like freespire (still in beta i
guess) or xandros.

I personally am using ubuntu since one year.
Bad thing abt ubuntu is that serial mouse is not
autodetected.

~A.