[PLUG] This is seriously good

Ritesh Khadgaray khadgaray at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 19:31:47 IST 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-29 at 19:09 +0530, श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर wrote:
> On Saturday 29 July 2006 18:58, Ritesh Khadgaray wrote:
> > Try saying this to my mom
> > then again for some it is good, for some painful.
>
> Which flavour of linux and windows can you mother install? My mom can't even
> double click half the time and clicks way too many times if I set up single
> click for her.

everyone is different, with different level of skill/intelligence.

> If you want to use linux,is it unfair to expect to keep handy one piece of
> paper with some instructions and read everything on screen carefully before
> proceeding?

yes, it would be unfair as the saying goes
even nipples are not intuitive interface.

the point is, it would be easier for a user ( read newbie/windows user )
to use point and click interface, then to type out commands/edit
configuration files.

a weird example
try deleting a file called "-rf *" from console.

>  Shridhar

we can argue till end of time for the sake of argument.
lets keep this of the list :)