[PLUG] How to get Name in Devnagri

Shirish Agarwal shirishag75 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 21:01:44 IST 2006

> Message: 3 Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:56:08 +0530 From: ?????? ??????
> ?????? <ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> Subject: Re: [PLUG] How to get Name
> in Devnagri To: Pune GNU/Linux Users Group Mailing List
> <plug-mail at plug.org.in> Message-ID:
> <200607291156.08975.ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> Content-Type:
> text/plain; charset="windows-1252" On Saturday 29 July 2006 11:29,
> Prashant Saraf wrote:
>> > HI all,
>> > How to get Name in Devnagri, as some of plug member shows in their
>> > listing(eg shridhar,..) How to do that .
>>

> in KDE, control centre->regional & accessibility->keyboard layouts, select
> devnagari keymap and enable it.
>
> Install unicode devnagari fonts like
> gargi(http://tdil.mit.gov.in/hindi_site/download/gargi.htm), raghu hindi,
> etc. Get the keyboard map(http://indlinux.org/keymap/marathi.php).
>
> In your mail client, select the configuration, click on the name text box,
> change the keyboard map to devnagari from US. Type the name in devnagari
>
> Enjoy.
>
>  Shridhar

Hi all,
       Is there something similar on the Gnome side too, if somebody
knows the relevant details would
be nice. I do have all the fonts which came with Ubuntu 6.06 which has
lots of devnagari fonts. Thnx in advance.

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 543 Howard Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.