[PLUG] RE : SUSE Linux - PPPOE

श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Mon Jul 31 09:30:11 IST 2006

On Sunday 30 July 2006 01:30, Pratim Chaudhuri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Internet provider in Tata Indicom Broadband.

Hmm.. OK. not the most linux-friendly one but anyways.

OK, I don't know suse or yast but this is what I have in my slackware setup.

- a file chap-secrets and pap-secrets in /etc/ppp. The contents are the same.
- In /etc/ppp/options, you can enable/disable pap/chap authentication.

I would also recommend trying pppoe-setup/pppoe-start as root and see what
happens. In ol;der versions of rp-pppoe, it is called adsl-setup/adsl-start.

HTH

 Shridhar