[PLUG] This is seriously good

A G subscrive at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 31 15:06:13 IST 2006

--- श्रीधर नारायण दैà¤
णकर <ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> wrote:

> On Saturday 29 July 2006 15:54, A G wrote:
> > > card. Moreover, xine and audacity stopped
> >
> > Wrong distro, I guess. Check a couple of other
> distro.
> > You will find one which will work for your
> hardware.
> >
> > Well respects ones are knoppix, kanotix, ubuntu,
> > mandriva, pclinuxos.
>
> Wrong advice. If everytime you changed distro. when
> you encounter a problem,
> you would never have a working PC.

These distros give minimum probs. Probablity of facing
prblems is less.

> > Or you can try the free versions of well known
> > comercial distros like freespire (still in beta i
> > guess) or xandros.
> >
> > I personally am using ubuntu since one year.
> > Bad thing abt ubuntu is that serial mouse is not
> > autodetected.
>
> May be you should change the distro. then.

Haa haa haa! I had a good laugh with your 2 sentences.
:)

Btw Since I was able to edit the xorg file, I did n
continued. But if I didnt hv the inclination or
skills/time etc to do, I would hv download a different
distro or continued using windows (anyways I am back
to windows since I dont know how to conf linux with my
mobile).

~A.