[PLUG] Open source CD distribution in rural area schools: Volunteers welcome

Anand Kulkarni kulk_anand at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 12:45:12 IST 2006

Hi,

We represent a Pune based social organisation named
'Sarvangin Vikas Sanstha'. We help schools in the
rural area to upgrade their educational standards.

As the part of it, we are going to release an open
source CD 'Sanganak Saksharata Abhiyan' in 2nd week of
July 2006. The CD comprises Freeduc educational games
in marathi language, Freeduc educational games marathi
user guide, Computer Literacy Movement software in
marathi and english language, OpenOffice marathi user
guide and Openoffice 1.1.5 installable.

Now we are focusing on the CD distribution. We had
contacted 'Pune Jillha Shikshan Mandal' for the same.
There are around 55 schools in Pune district come
under 'Pune Jillha Shikshan Mandal'. They have
principally agreed to start this mission in their
rural area schools.

So, we are going to start distributing the CD in those
55 schools. Here we need volunteers. We believe that a
person representing 'Sarvangin Vikas Sanstha' will:

1) Visit the school.
2) Install CD on their computers.
3) Give demo of all softwares
4) Explain our social activity
5) Explain the importance of open source movement in
the rural area schools.
6) Provide the information about Linux platform
7) Collect the information about present level of
computer usage in the school.
8) Provide information about future plans of Sarvangin
Vikas Sanstha.
9) Collect the problems in the rural area schools.

Since, PLUG supports open source movement and all of
you are free software fans, we would like to invite
you to participate in this social activity. We welcome
volunteers for the same. The volunteer will have
freedom to choose any number of schools. The necessary
information about the school will be provided by
'Sarvangin Vikas Sanstha'. Travelling allowance will
be paid to the volunteers. Also if required then
remuneration can also be arranged.

Since, the project is getting started in the second
week of July, we have enough time to arrange
volunteer.

Kindly pass the information about this activity to
your friends as well.

If somebody is interested then please send email at
contact at svs.org.in or call me at 9422515760.

Thanks.
regards,

(Anand Kulkarni)