[PLUG] sound card issue

shyam jai shyamz_03 at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 13:56:11 IST 2006

Hi,

  i tried the lspci -v , it shows the card name as Creative SBS 24bit live
  and the driver type it shows is  " unknown "

  and if for getting the sound i require to re compile the kernel plz tell me the procedure and the options i have to select .
  i have done compilation in RHEL 3 .. i dont know the difference in RHEL 4
  please assist.

  Thanks
  Shyamjai Kunimal

Raghavendra Bhat <ragu at vsnl.com> wrote:
  shyam jai

>> can anybody help me in configuring Creative soundblaster
>> 24 bit 5.1 live soundcard

What does 'lspci -v' say? Creative Live! is supported by both
the OSS and ALSA modules. Please recompile the kernel to get
sound working.

Hth.
--
Ragu