[PLUG] CLI v/s GUI

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Tue May 9 07:19:10 IST 2006

On Monday 08 May 2006 20:30, Kaustubh Gadkari wrote:
> This link was posted on the PLUG community on Orkut by Rakesh. Thought that
> this might be a better forum.
>
> http://wallace.westminster.lib.co.us/linux/cli-vs-gui.html

That was highly biased. e.g. tell me pray, using CLI how can I tile a man page
window and code editing window? How can I use best use of 1280x1024 monitor
to display, say more than 25 lines of code(and God forbid getting rid of
'if(){' style ugly bracing?

Beauty is in the eyes of beholder. Nothing beats it when you have 4 desktops
in kde, each running couple of consoles, each with 6-8 tabs..:) and no screen
cannot beat it..

 Shridhar