[PLUG] Detecting S-Video Input in LINUX

Rohan Dighe linuxdominatrix at gmail.com
Tue May 9 23:06:05 IST 2006

Hey,

hello everyone

Actually i have connected my pc to the tv and i am able to do a mirror
display nicely.

I have a small problem though !!

I am trying to write a program which will detect if the S-Video input
is present or NO !

Can anyone tell me how to do that ?

I hope i am clear on what i am trying to say !

The S-Video cable is the one which connects the AGP cards TV OUT to
the Television's S-Video Input or AV IN (usually used for connecting
dvd players and stuff)

PS;- just need a small c program or a shell script which might detect
the input !
Our MONITOR RUNS THE SAME PROGRAM ! SO does our PROJECTOR !
remember it says "NO INPUT DETECTED ON RGB"
i just want to detect this !

thanks all
LDOM
--
Rohan Dighe
Fedora Ambassador India.

--
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to
your grandmother.