[PLUG] CLI v/s GUI

Kaustubh Gadkari kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com
Wed May 10 09:51:28 IST 2006

> System administration has got nothing to do with what interface you are using.

Exactly. Webmin is a great example. I would definitely use Webmin to
do a lot of my configuration stuff. I haven't used YaST too much, so I
really cannot comment on that.

> You can use a GUI editor for writing to the configuration files.

How does it matter whether I use gedit or vim to write out my files?
The point that the author was trying to make is that writing out the
files in itself is superior(?)/preferred over using a point-and-click
tool.

Kaustubh

--
Q: Know what the difference between your latest project and putting
wings on an elephant is?