[PLUG] Messaging solution

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Tue May 16 07:32:08 IST 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 07:12, Harshal Vaidya wrote:
>    >Don't forget that jabberd had a site breach sometime back.>Actually,
>
> good old IRC is not  bad. It takes only half an hour or so to setup.
>
> > >I have had it running for our team flawlessly for over a year or so.
>
> Shridhar,       Does IRC have general features like blinking wondows when a
> new message arrives, buddy lists, group creations etc. Last time I used it
> all these werent present. However , I used it 2 yrs ago. Things could have
> drastically changed.

Blinking windows yes.. it is actually a client feature.. Group creation is
more like on the fly.. you can create new channel anytime you want and
advertise personally.. Buddy list shouldn't be too difficult to get on client
side but personally I never use one since there is always a search..

It is not exactly IM.. it is messaging which is what OP wanted..:)

 Shridhar