[PLUG] Re: Web server setup

Real Time Computers realtime_computers at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 23:54:47 IST 2006

--- sudhanwa Jogalekar <sudhanwa.com at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/19/06, Aditya Laghate <laghatea at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to setup a web server. I shall explain the senario,
> kindly let
> > me know if you know
> > how to go about it.
> >
> > Senario.
> >
> > 1) I have a public IP address: x.x.x.x
> > 2) I have a bugzilla server running on the internal local network
> on :
> > a.a.a.a
> >
> > 3) I need people to access this bugzilla server from the public
> address
> > x.x.x.x
> >
> > How can I do that? Do I need to use the iptables, to route
> traffic or
> > does apache have a facility to serve pages from the internal
> machine?
> >

> I think setting up dynamic dns for your ip should solve your
> problem.
> There could be some other ways too, but thatdepends on the kind of
> infrastructure you have.
>
> -Sudhanwa
>

> > Let me know.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Aditya

Hi,
How do you access Internet? Probably through ADSL router, I assume.
Then go to 192.168.1.1 (router's IP no.) then go to menu similar to
advanced - virtual server etc and then just forward the port no to
internal address. for this to work NAT must be configured on the
router. Interestingly you can forward another port (say smtp) to
other PC running sendmail / qmail. You can have as many port
forwarded as required.

Off course you can use iptables. ie. configure Linux as  NAT gateway
& then forward port 80 (or other) to internal host.
Try using firestarter a GUI based utility to do this.

Bye Rahul.