[PLUG] Upgrading core packages like binutils, glibc, gcc, ...

Hemant Mohan hmohan at gmail.com
Fri May 26 06:31:11 IST 2006

> I have to upgrade core packages in my RedHat 9 box in order to
> install Oracle 10g. I downloaded the tar.gz source files but couldn't
> find the information necessary for compiling and linking the source.
> Any info about availability of such material online / in any book is
> welcome. I don't mind downloading src rpms if available anywhere but
> would prefer compiling and linking.

The README files and INSTALL directory has some information. Else you
may like to look at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org and follow the
relevant portions, to build the toolchains.
I have never build the toolchains like that for the host system, but
have been successful to build cross-tollschains following CLFS.

Cheers,
Hemant

--
Say NO to Monopolies BOYCOTT MICRO$OFT