[PLUG] Asterisk Deployment in local office.

Henry J. Cobb hcobb at io.com
Sat Sep 2 20:35:34 IST 2006

linux at cybertechnology.biz wrote:
> From: "Amol Chawathe" <ceo at fountaintechnologies.net>
>> I am trying to install Asterisk in my company but I need the help to
>> understand how we can connect PSTN lines to the machine.
>
> It requires a PCI card hardware to be installed on PC for interfacing PSTN
> /
> BRI / PRI / E1 etc... lines.

If you only want to connect one line then you can use a X100P card.

http://asterisk.pbx.in/x100p-card-in-india

Asterisk at Home / trixbox is a good choice for the software, but you will
have to reformat the disk of the computer to install it.  (This isn't a
problem, as you don't intend to run anything else on your office PBX,
yes?)

-HJC