[PLUG] DSL modem

Kaustubh Gadkari kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 09:20:03 IST 2006

> > Which modem is this? If possible, please post the chipset also.
>
> Billion ADSL USB modem model bipac 7000

I have installed and used this modem on Debian Sid, and Slackware 10.2.
You'll need to recompile the kernel and add support for ATM, USB Modems and
PPPoE. Also compile the driver for the Connexant AccessRunner modem as a
*module*. Also install the Linux ATM libraries. Install the br2684ctl
utility. Have a look at this :

http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2005-Aug/1036.html

Please note the above article has an error where it talks about the
br2684ctl utility. Use the command for the PPPoE/Bridge-LLC. For
TataIndicom, the VPI is 0 and the VCI is 32.

HTH,
Kaustubh
--
Kaustubh Gadkari