[PLUG] flv player

Ritesh Khadgaray khadgaray at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:41:09 IST 2007

heya,

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 21:26 +0530, Vivek Khurana wrote:
> On 4/12/07, Rajiv Gore <rajiv at wsieng.com> wrote:
> >
> > I want to play down loaded flv files in Kaffeine.
> > I am unable to hear the sound though video is seen.
> > How can I fix it.
Kaffeine uses xine as backend, which does not play audio for flv files.

> Try VLC, it can play flv files properly.

Alternatively , you can use totem-gstreamer or a gstreamer based player
with gstreamer-ffmpeg plugin.

Or you c an transcode flv files to avi/mp4 format using ffmpeg.

For Fedora, these can be obtained from freshrpms repository .

--
Ritesh Khadgaray
ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ