[PLUG] Booting Problem in Mepis

guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:53:48 IST 2007

That script needs you install lot of things like gcc and other
packages which may not be needed otherwise.  In my case it asked me to
install 4-5 more packages which I did not need for any other reason.
So I scratched my head and gave up on that script.

Then, i specifically started looking for missing functionality relted
files... and it was by accident (I must admit) I noticed libsane-hpaio
missing.

Searching on pbone gave me exact package and thats how I have working
scanner without bunch of otherwise unneeded packages.

Things to try when you get to it..

#scanimage -L
must give some good output.  If it does, your scanner will work

#lsusb will tell you the printer/scanner more info.

All this is available on FAQ on troubleshooting "scanner" on hplip site.

--
Most people are caused by accident!