[PLUG] [ot] make free - ruin the country.

A G subscrive at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 19:18:08 IST 2007

--- Nishit Dave <stargazer.dave at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/26/07, आदित्य लघाटे
> <laghatea at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/26/07, Vaibhav Kulkarni
> <netvaibhav at gmail.com> wrote:
> should they pay?
> > >
> > > There may be people who do not use roads at all,
> why are roads free?
> >
> > Roads are free?? Don't u pay u t taxes???
> >

> Part II:
>
> Urban roads are part-financed through road tax
> collection, but we
> could agree that these collections are not enough to
> cover cost and
> maintenance of all roads.  Therefore, these roads
> are subsidized
> through property tax and octroi.  While octroi may
> be a very debatable
> source of municipal revenue, property tax can be
> very efficient (if
> collected efficiently) as it is based on the value
> of property: the
> better location you want to stay / work at, the more
> you should be
> willing to pay, which again percolates to better
> infrastructure and
> thus better property values.  Again, the larger and
> more expensive
> vehicle you drive, the higher road tax you need to
> pay.
>
> Then, there are the poor and the people who either
> use the roads by
> foot or on bicycles - they do not have to pay any
> tax.  Does this mean
> that you are paying extra so that they get access?

Water and transport are basic necessities.
broadband is not.
tv is not.

i am poor, i walk. u r rich, u drive.
I am happy with not so good road. u need good road.
i pay less tax. u pay more tax (income as well as rd
tax of vehicle)
i damage road less. u damage road more.
road requires less maintenance cos of me. it reqs more
maintainance due to u.

road, water, defence... these are bare minimum and
basic necessities of not only humanes, but also other
animals.

dont other animals req road (path)?
dont they req water?
dont they fight/attack/defend?

there are certain things which are just too
fundamental.

and rather than making bb free, I will wish that govt
increase salary of defence people, govt provide better
road, provide food to the needy and poor.