[PLUG] Re: Flash player & mozilla

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 20:04:51 IST 2007

Hi all,
         I had used Adobe's implemention of flash with firefox & it
did work sometimes but it crashed too often for my comfort. I have
been looking forward to the 2 free flash implementations which are in
the making, one is gnash
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnash & the other one is swfdec
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swfdec , both have mature communities
behind them so it should be cool to see how they come up/shape up.
There is also lot of stuff which is going to be happening with HTML 5
& hope it comes to fruition (as in day-to-day usage) soon
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#video & SVG. I say
about both these formats as these are free formats.
     Ok, now how do both the free flash implementations  work out in
the real world, well its not to the level you expect if you are
expecting instant gratification. But that's also because Adobe's flash
has been since forever while both these apps. have something like a
yr. or more history behind them. If people are interested in
knowing/using these, join the ML & the IRC & help make it better.
Another 6-8 months of testing should make things better. Also better
is if there is mozillateam for your fav. distro. You can also work
with them, the end result everybody is happy & having fun.
--
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17