FOSS Flash player [was Re: [PLUG] Cheat Sheet / Quick Start Guide]

Devendra Laulkar devendra at laulkar.com
Wed Dec 19 01:14:37 IST 2007

Hi,

> >> Then use the flyer as a opportunity to educate them. Freedom is not a
> >> cuss word. That the primary advantage that cannot be easily mimicked in
> >> non-free software.
> >
> > I don't want the flyer to talk about any philosophy at all.
>
> Do you want the flyer to talk about the benefits of the underlying
> philosophy?
> Freedom translates into a number of practical benefits
> depending on your audience and neither the philosophy nor the technology
>   description would be complete without atleast a passing mention of
> what drives it.

Technically, I agree with you.
*Specifically for the IT expo* - No philosophy talk in this flyer. The
benefits are all explained to people, and another flyer explains the
benefits & philosophy of FOSS. Rather, that's what we mostly do @ the
event. The idea is to give some more "practical" information to the user
- some further links, tips. People who are interested ask a lot of
questions - and even write down stuff, with this flyer, we can mostly
point to location where further info can be found.
Eg. Any person who is really interested in philosophy can be redirected
to the GNU / FSF website which is mentioned in the flyer.

Maybe you can write and give me a short paragraph of 3-4 lines which can
be included in the flyer v2 :)

-Devendra Laulkar.