[PLUG] Linux based phones.
desipenguin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 23:08:22 PST 2007
On Dec 26, 2007 10:55 AM, Pranav Peshwe <pranavpeshwe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Does anybody have any experience of using Linux
> based smartphones available in the (Indian) market ? Google gives
> a lot of results, but i would like to know real life experiences.
> Also, how do they compare with 'Windows Mobile' phones ?
I have been using A1200 (motoming) for about 18 months now, without any
Some of the points mentioned by others apply :
1. Touchscreen only - Avg battery life of 2 days.
2. Has a flap, which hosts the earpiece Not sure whether I am able to
explain correctly) It is NOT a passive protective cover.
3. No way to pickup a call without opening a flap (may be possible using
bluetooth hands free, I have not tried)
4. Not easy to open the flap using one hand (Usually good thing, but due to
#2 and #3 above, this posses problem at times.)
5. Very active community -
6. Lots of applications available, may not be 1:1 mapping with applications
7. Doesn't have EDGE/WiFi, if that is requirement
On the internet, no one knows you are a penguin
More information about the plug-mail