[PLUG] PLUG participation @ IT Expo

sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 01:02:04 IST 2007

On Dec 25, 2007 8:11 PM, Devendra Laulkar <devendra at laulkar.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> IT expo 2008 was held between 20th-23rd Dec. PLUG had a stall at this
> expo. Few pictures :-
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/97669637@N00/sets/72157603536940643/
> PLUG has been participating in this event for several years now. Overall
> awareness level about Linux & FOSS has definitely increased, though we
> still had people asking the price of the computer & challenging us for
> selling "pirated" software :)
> One exhibitor commented - "ye PLUG wale sabko ullu bana rahe hai.
> Internet par free software bhech rahe hai."
> I would like to thank some people for their contribution to this event,
> without whom it would not have been possible to participate in the Expo.
> CMDA for providing us space @ the IT Expo 2007.
> People from Sarvangin Vikas Sanstha - Anand Kulkarni, Amit & Mr Waghmare
> for helping us out all four days.
> Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana and Dexter for providing the computers to be
> put up on the stall. Manjusha for providing her laptop for the seminars.
> Shantanu Oak, Aditya Godbole, Harshad, Karunakar, Sudhanwa, Manjusha
> Joshi, Dexter and other pluggies for helping out @ the stall.
> Sudhanwa & Dexter for overall logistics, burning of cd's and for their
> seminars. CDAC Mumbai for providing BOSS cd's.
> Cheers,
> Devendra Laulkar.

Devendra has not written about his efforts. He was there for all 4
days from start to end.(10 am to 9 pm) He was also  involved in the
logistics, CD/DVD burning and even the seminars.

He has the biggest contribution for the event!!!   A round of applause
to him please!!!

Have you tried the new "FREE" Marathi font "Aksharyogini" we have released?

News!! Aksharyogini font is now included in Debian Indic fonts package!!

Please get it from http://aksharyogini.sudhanwa.com