[PLUG] Want help to design applications in QT

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 09:01:16 IST 2007

> > 1.Can anyone explain How to work in Qt Designer?
> > 2.We have a doubt regarding signals and slots.we are referring
> -Programming
> > With QT O'Reilly Publications.Dalbemer M.
> > 3.What all things are in built in Qt Designer?
> > 4.How to read proc filesystem using Qt, and How to retrieve proc details
> in
> > richtext Box?

 i didnt see the main posting in the thread, but can help you with these
four questions. Here is my take

1) Qt designer is an interface designer. Designer generates a .ui file which
is description of the interface. This .ui file needs to be processed further
using commnad line tools such as pyuic for pyQt (I cant recall commnad for
c++). Unlike VB Qt does not have concept of running program directly from
the IDE.

2) Pease be specify your doubts regarding slots and signals.

3) See 1)

4) no idea.

regards
VK