[PLUG] [OT] Broadband Year 2007

आदित्य लघाटे laghatea at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 12:32:57 IST 2007

On 1/1/07, Devendra Laulkar <devendralaulkar at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In line with the government's decision to declare the
> year of 2007 as the year of the Broadband Internet,
> BSNL has updated its plans - Now it is offering  upto
> 2 Mbps speeds on all existing plans.
>
> http://www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=352 for
> details.
>
> With better connectivity and cheaper rates, it might
> help the the FOSS movement grow.

Thank you Devendra,

Here is wishing all Plugies a very happy and a prosperous new year.

I just hope with this new scheme the private players also change their
plans and start giving 2 mbps connections!

It is a good start, though not really helpful for those people who
download a lot of material of the web.

I am sure it will help the (senior?) citizens who use the web to
contact their children, relatives studying/working in far of places
like USA. Atleast they will get a decent connection, where they can
have a good video chat.

Cheers...

Aditya