[PLUG] some clarifications on GPL

श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Mon Jan 8 13:17:28 IST 2007

On Monday 08 January 2007 12:56, Atul Nene wrote:
> Hi Nilesh,
>
> On 1/7/07, nilesh deo <nilesh.deo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am a bit confused with the terms of GPL
> > What i know is that if a SW is reg. under GPL  and if the SW is
> > allowed to be dwnl then the owner must also give the source code along
> > with it,
> > now is there any more to it ?
>
> Yes. In addition, if the person who downloads software provided under
> GPL and makes any changes to the source code, then he should give back
> those changes to the original owner.

I believe the correct wording would be 'make the changes available to all the
recipients of the modified software, irrespective of form of modified
software, source/binary.'

The changes does not need to go back to the owner. They should be available to
the recipient of the modified software.

 Shridhar