[PLUG] Free Softwares for School

Roshan d_rosh2001 at yahoo.co.in
Sun Jul 8 18:19:25 IST 2007

--- Devendra Laulkar wrote:

> I don't understand the connection to piracy at all.
> At the risk of sounding like a zealot I am going to
> say this :-

We have already deviated a lot on the actual topic.
Perhaps, we have a choice to stop here or take it

> There is no difference between free software & Free
> Software (esp in a LUG mailing list)

You may have missed out an email on this. I referred
to free as that relating to no cost and "Free
Software" as defined by FSF.

> All I am saying is that you are an FSF fellow, you
> believe in their goals, you have read about what
> "Free
> Software" means. Don't promote proprietary software
> unnecessarily.

Agreed. I'll stop this discussion on the list, though
it may be carried off-list. The interpretation has
lost the original orientation.

I do recommend people to use Free Software and try to
use Free Software where-ever possible.

FSF of India Associate Fellow - http://www.gnu.org.in
ubunturos @ freenode