[PLUG][OT] The Benevolent Dictator responds to MS claim on FOSS patents

Chetan Kumar chetanku at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 21:10:45 IST 2007

On 7/30/07, ಓಂ <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 May 2007 06:54, Chetan Kumar wrote:
> > Hi all
> > The list of patents is the key and that is precisely what Linus is
> > asking for. Dares MS to go to court, no less !!!
> > http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=199600443
> > Chetan
>
> <OT>
> [Without offending anybody's sensitivities here]
>
> **May I** ask the Original Poster (if still on PLUGML) if this
> **Benevolent Dictator** phrase was an expansion of (Benedict) title of
> new pope/middlename of Linus Torvalds?  Or was it your creative
> genious thinking about theory of relativity?
>
> Search for this phrase **benevolent dictator** on search engines
> throws interesting results some even relevant to Open Source...
>
> I am also wondering is this phrase will be covered under CopyLeft or
> Creative Commons license...  :-)
>
> It may also be noted here that OP also sent this message on May
> **XVI**  which does look like the title of Pope Benedict..
>
> [Does now sound like a legal argument? :-) ]
> </OT>
>
> Has **President of Vice** signature removed from GPL or is still there?

Hi all
I am sure you are playing the creative part here having discovered
links to a known reference to Linus with his middle name, the Pope and
the date of posting. Did not think along these lines. Interesting
stuff.
I just know Linus is the benevolent dictator of linux. Have seen
references in the past (also available from favourite search engine)
"President of Vice" was there in the draft version. Not part of the
final version IIRC.
Regards,
Chetan