[PLUG] Problem with GParted

Ashutosh Adkar ashu.adkar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 12:04:23 IST 2007

Hi,

I downloaded gparted0.3.3 from sourceforge.net and tried installing it on
Red Hat Linux 9.
I am not able to complete the configuration as the script exits with an
error message.

checking for uuid_generate in -luuid... no
configure: error: *** uuid library (libuuid) not found

Please tell me what I need to do, and where can I find this UUID library, I
mean
what package needs to be installed for the configure script to find it.

Will the make command work if the configure script completes successfully?
Because even make and install are not working, or may I am not able to make
them work.
Please help, as I want to port your application to Solaris platform.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Ashutosh Adkar