[PLUG] How to mount volumes in Solaris 10 ?

sco1984 at gmail.com sco1984 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 13:07:52 IST 2007

Hi,

Yesterday I installed Solaris 10 on my laptop. I went for full installation
with 10 gb hard disk space. No XP or any other Windows OS installed. But 1
20 gb FAT32 partition is available on my hdd.  Open SuSe 10.2 also exists on
the same hdd. After installing Solaris 10, it failed to add Open SuSe
10.2in boot loader & also did not mount FAT32 volume. When I said  df
-k it
shows c0d0 ( the hdd number ) which is my FAT32, but ..Hmm ! How to mount
??? And to get my SuSe back, shall I rewrite bootloader with LILO bootloader
of Linux OS ?

Java GUI seems fine with Star office 7.0 version and Solaris succesfuly
detected my  sound card, video chip, ethernet, wireless too. It was amazing
to see Java GUI. Is it neccesary to turn on NFS & then mount Windows volume
on it ? I am confused. While installing , Soalris prompted me if I want to
upgrade to NFS 4.4 . I was not sure and said NO. May be I did mistake....Any
help ?

Regards,
--
Amey Abhyankar.